Awareness Speedway Slot Car Club, Inc
Awareness Speedway's special track is located in Newport Pa
It is called "Awareness Speedway" because we are "raising awareness" for special needs adults and children
Our motto is:
A Special Place for Special Friends
Our club’s mission is:
Fostering educational and safety programs, for the welfare and well-being of intellectually disabled and special needs children and adults.
Every person deserves a place of acceptance.
Every person deserves a place to play and learn a new skill.
Every person deserves a place to win and achieve goals.
Every person deserves a place to laugh, smile and make new friends
Every person deserves to be treated with respect.
Every person deserves a place to be accepted just as they are.
By providing a spiritual-based, loving and compassionate, safe and private place for parents/families /group homes to be able to bring their intellectually disabled, medically challenged, youths and adults to learn a new activity.
To accomplish laps including a lap record on our track it involves many challenges and benefits for our participants:
· Therapeutic benefits (eye hand coordination, motorization skills, cognitive skills, assessment skills, communicate with officials and other members of the group as to when they wreck the car they are running so power is turned off as to not cause any more cars to crash, etc)
· Behavioral benefits (socialization skills, fellowship, feel safe in a competitive group setting, must have good attitude during the week to be able to participate in the groups scheduled event, etc)
ASSCC has other unique programs for special needs adults and children.
· Specialized educational programs
· Specialized safety programs
· Most importantly, every one looks forward to getting together with the staff of ASSCC to feel like family while having fun as an individual or in a group setting.
ASSCC is a new one of a kind local IRS recognized 501(c) 3 fledgling charity that is used by Intellectually Disabled, Medically Challenged, Special Need Adults and Children, & Club members. We are wheelchair accessibleusing a stoned path to track. Bathroom is accessible but no hand rails at this time. .
“A family who plays together – stays together.”
Awareness Speedway Slot Car Club, Inc.
1. Raise the money needed to move and sustain ASSCC for two years before we move to a larger public venue so we are able to facilitate our safety program, educational programs, wellness programs, meeting/ birthday party rooms and additional track space and expand to be able to reach goal #7.
2. Purchase one new oval track just a little bigger than Awareness Speedway; enclose Awareness Speedway in an enclosed room for privacy. This new track will be for our more advanced special friends by providing therapeutic benefits by challenging their motor skills and concentration. This will offer ASSCC more fund raising opportunities.
3. Purchase one new/used 140' to 155' Grandstand slot car track. This new track will be for our more advanced special friends by providing therapeutic benefits by moderately challenging their motor skills and concentration. This will offer ASSCC more fund raising opportunities.
4. We would like to add Ski Ball, video game machines because of the therapeutic& positive behavioral benefits. These machines will be part of our educational program, Track Side Challenge program including our safety program. ASSCC will offer ski ball, video game tickets that can be converted to vouchers, after a ticket total is achieved that equals, 1 hr track time, the cost of a new RTR car. This will add to the excitement of earning prizes while receiving fun based learning that have therapeutic and behavioral benefits while learning how to stay safe using our safety program.
5. Purchase a flat slot car track, this new track will be for our more advanced special friends by providing therapeutic benefits by severely challenging their motor skills and concentration. This will offer ASSCC more fund raising opportunities. Therefore, we would be able to have, touring series, national slot car events, as fundraisers.
6. Have intellectually disabled adults work, for the club in various capacities that will empower them to succeed.
7. Purchase a farm to expand and relocate our facility; include other charities that are working with the intellectually disabled that have similar goals and missions as ours. Institute a family garden area and explore other opportunities.
© 2014-2018 Awareness Speedway Slot Car Club, Inc.